Providing Rapid Access to Shoulder and Sports Diagnosis, Treatment and SurgeryBook an Appointment
There is a cost to waiting…
- Prolonged pain
- Lost work and uncertainty
- Interruption of life and worry
A surgical practice that provides personalized care when you need it with a patient care experience that exceeds your expectations and never feels rushed.
How it Works
What you should expect: When you decide to be assessed at Acumen Clinic you should expect to leave with a clearly described diagnosis, potential treatment options and the feeling that no stones have been left unturned. If you need surgery, you can book it within an appropriate timeframe. You will not have to pay for additional follow-up to review imaging we order.
If surgery is indicated, the Acumen Clinic team will find a time that fits with your life and ensure that you are prepared for the procedure. Dr. Slade Shantz performs all surgeries personally, and monitors your recovery closely.
Expedited access & detailed consult
You will have immediate access to an appointment. When you come in for your first appointment, you can expect to be seen on time, and the appointment will provide ample time for Q&A.
Focused imaging & diagnostic tests
We take extra precaution to ensure that you have the right imaging the first time around — saving both time and money.
Appropriately timed surgery
Our goal is to respect your life and maximize recovery time. We want to get you back to your usual routine as soon as possible.
Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz is a Royal College certified orthopedic surgeon. He also has sub specialty training in sports medicine and shoulder arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery.
His practice encompasses the treatment of the following conditions:
- Rotator Cuff Tears (acute and chronic)
- Pectoralis Major Tears
- Biceps Tendonitis
- roximal Biceps Rupture
- Impingement Syndrome
- Calcific Tendonitis of the Rotator Cuff
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Shoulder Separation/Acromioclavicular Joint Dislocation
- SLAP Tears/Labral Injuries
- Multidirectional Shoulder Instability
- Adhesive Capsulitis/Frozen Shoulder
- Shoulder Arthritis
- Undiagnosed Shoulder Pain
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Tears
- Patellar Dislocation and Patellar Instability (MPFL Rupture)
- Traumatic Meniscus Tears
- Focal Cartilage Defects (Osteochondral Defect)
- Patellar Tendonitis
- Early Knee Arthritis
- Undiagnosed Knee Pain
- Elbow Osteoarthritis
- Capitellar Cartilage Defects (Osteochondral Defect)
- Loose Bodies and Synovial Osteochondromatoses
- Ulnar Nerve Compression
- Snapping Ulnar Nerve/Ulnar Nerve Instability
- Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
- Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer’s Elbow)
- Distal Biceps Rupture
- Ligament Tears
- Hamstring Injuries
- Stress Fractures
- Gastrocnemius tears and Achilles Tears
- Other Sports Injuries
- Return-to-Sport Questions
Arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs, arthroscopic superior capsular reconstruction, arthroscopic stabilizations including remplissage, subpectoral biceps tenodesis, capsular release for frozen shoulder
Reverse and anatomic total shoulder arthroplasty, Latarjet procedure, Acromioclavicular joint reconstruction, clavicle fracture fixation
All-inside anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction with patellar tendon or hamstrings graft, meniscal repair and medial patellofemoral ligament (MPFL) reconstruction.
Elbow arthroscopy including the treatment of osteochondral lesions and elbow arthritis, post-traumatic elbow contracture release, acute and chronic distal biceps repair and reconstruction.
- “I’ve been impressed with Dr. Shantz and his willingness to explain everything related to my shoulder surgery and the aftereffect. He's eager to answer my questions and make sure that I understand what exactly is going on. It's been a great experience being his patient!”
- “Dr. Shantz was AMAZING from diagnosis, surgery and post-op. Dr. Shantz had even discovered 2 other problems with my shoulder that my local diagnostics clinic had either missed or overlooked! I was able to get in to see him very quickly, and Dr. Shantz was abloe to schedule my surgery even faster that I could think possible.”
- “My first consultation with Dr. Shantz was the most positive experience I have ever had with a specialist. As described in other testimonials he is indeed a very caring and compassionate man.”
Book an appointment with us
This form should not be used to enter any health information. The security of any health information cannot be guaranteed.