Date: September 18, 2022 - September 18, 2022
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Blood Flow Restriction Course by Owens Recovery Science
Acumen Reconditioning had the pleasure of hosting Owen’s Recovery Science’s Blood Flow Restriction course in their Edmonton location on September 18, 2022.
Owens Recovery Science has been at the forefront of this movement, advocating for safety and evidence based application since the launch of their certification course in 2015.
It was a 1-day certification course that could be used for CEUs by both the CATA & the BOC.
Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Rehabilitation (PBFR) is a paradigm shifting intervention for the rehabilitation professional with hundreds of peer-reviewed articles in the scientific literature. By applying a tourniquet briefly and intermittently to an exercising limb you can induce significant and substantial strength, hypertrophy and endurance changes while using a very light load. By attending this one day training course for PBFR training, clinicians will be able to:
- Translate the physiology behind mechanical tension compared to metabolic accumulation training and the downstream effects.
- Manipulate blood flow restriction protocols to create a local or systemic response within the soft tissues.
- Differentiate limb occlusion pressures objectively for each individual athlete/patient.
- Translate appropriate tourniquet safety measures to the outpatient/training room setting.
- Recommend and implement a rehabilitation blood flow restriction protocol for patients after injury or surgery